Monday, November 9, 2009

Simple Tuna Salad, Stewart and Mystery

Knowing my penchant for fine dining, my friend Stewart was shocked to see so many simple recipes on this blog lately.  Perhaps you, too, are baffled.  Remember, kind friends, the focus of this blog is not on recipes, no matter how delicious they may be. The focus is on the story these foods tell us. These simple recipes tell a story, which I will reveal at month's end....

TUNA SALAD

1 (6 ounce) can tuna fish
1 large spoonful of mayonnaise (the spoons we use to eat soup)
1 small spoonful of relish (the spoons we use to stir our tea)

Drain tuna:  Open top of can.  Keep top on.  Take can to sink.  Hold the can in both hands, your thumbs on the bottom and your fingers on top. Point the can away from you. Press gently but firmly to squeeze out liquid.  Turn can upright and remove lid.

Pour all ingredients into mixing bowl. Stir together.  You may use this to make tuna fish salad sandwiches for lunch.  Be sure to keep refrigerated.

2 comments:

  1. It isn't "simple" I object to, it's the use of canned, prepackaged and overly processed foods as supposed shortcuts. To me if it diminishes the quality of the finished product, no shortcut is worth it. Simplicity is always the goal. I don't really like fussy, overly complicated food either. The high standards and simple methods set by Chef Alice Waters at Chez Pannise remain my ideal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree. Soon, I will reveal the point to this madness.

    ReplyDelete